What is the EHMAthon?
Inspired by the original idea of coding hackathons, the EHMAthon is a solution-oriented brainstorming activity based on the design thinking methodology. It intensely focuses on the exchange of ideas, knowledge, and best practices to identify solutions for a key health management problem.
The EHMAthon aims to facilitate cross-sectoral collaboration. For this, we bring together people from diverse backgrounds and expertise with the objective of fostering collaboration and innovation in healthcare management.
In connection with the COVID-19 outbreak, the EHMAthon Teams will be asked to identify holistic solutions to ensure a better response in the event of a possible future major disease outbreak.
The precise title of the challenge will be announced in early November 2020, upon selection of the Teams’ composition.
The EHMAthon sees the participation of 5 to 8 teams composed of 3-4 people with diverse background and level of expertise.
We welcome applications from anyone with an interest in healthcare. Students, young professionals, entrepreneurs, healthcare professionals and practitioners, IT and digital solution specialists are encouraged to apply through the link below.
Why you should join the EHMAthon
Selected participants will
- Participate in a highly stimulating solution-oriented brainstorming activity.
- Connect with peers from all over Europe.
- Receive free passes* to attend the EHMA Conference taking place online on 17-19 November 2020.
* Please note: Abstract and poster presenters at the EHMA Conference are NOT eligible for free conference passes.
We ask you to
Selected participants are asked to:
- Participate in the EHMAthon activity in its entirety from Saturday, 14 November to Monday, 16 November 2020. For details on the time commitment, please read more here.
- Be available on Thursday, 19 November to present the pitches during the Final Plenary of the EHMA Conference from 14.00 to 16.00 CET.
Application criteria and timeline
Applications are welcome from anyone with an interest in healthcare.
We encourage applications from diverse background. Applicants may be students and young professionals, entrepreneurs, healthcare professionals and practitioners, IT and digital solution specialists, etc.
As we value the contribution of more experienced professionals, 20% of total available places will be reserved to them.
- Be fluent in English
- Be citizens of countries in the WHO European Region
- Be available and actively participate in the EHMAthon activities on 14, 15, 16 and 19 November 2020.
- Deadline for applications: Sunday, 18 October at 23.59 CEST
- Review of application: 19 to 27 October 2020
- Communication of outcomes: 28-30 October 2020
The EHMAthon is sponsored by